Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jimrosser
Helper I
Helper I

ARCGIS for Power BI no Infographics information

Hi, I'm not sure if i'm using an addin for PowerBI or if my access has been limited in PowerBi.  I've watched several videos and I don't seem to have anymore functionality than I do using the other maps.  I a logon message everytime I'm not foused on the visual.  Any help is appreciated.

jimrosser_0-1713021162073.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jimrosser ,

Firstly, ArcGIS for Power BI is indeed an add-in that enriches Power BI reports with geographic data visualization, offering capabilities such as mapping, demographic data, location analytics, and spatial analysis tools.
There is a question about the login page, this is an optional option where you can choose to use it directly without logging in, or if you log in to a validly licensed ArcGIS account, you will be entitled to access more features. You can refer to this documentation.
Regarding the Infographics functionality, it's important to note that this feature allows you to add interactive infographic cards that display demographic details about the region surrounding your data. However, the availability of Infographics and the depth of demographic data you can access depend on whether you are signed in with a Standard (free) or Plus (subscription-based) ArcGIS account. Users with a Plus subscription have access to a broader range of United States and global demographic variables. About this you can find more information here.

And may I ask what version of Power BI Desktop you have? Because I've tested it, using ArcGIS map for Power BI in the much newer Power BI Desktop doesn't require a login screen. This is my Desktop version:

vjunyantmsft_0-1713147147444.png

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jimrosser ,

Firstly, ArcGIS for Power BI is indeed an add-in that enriches Power BI reports with geographic data visualization, offering capabilities such as mapping, demographic data, location analytics, and spatial analysis tools.
There is a question about the login page, this is an optional option where you can choose to use it directly without logging in, or if you log in to a validly licensed ArcGIS account, you will be entitled to access more features. You can refer to this documentation.
Regarding the Infographics functionality, it's important to note that this feature allows you to add interactive infographic cards that display demographic details about the region surrounding your data. However, the availability of Infographics and the depth of demographic data you can access depend on whether you are signed in with a Standard (free) or Plus (subscription-based) ArcGIS account. Users with a Plus subscription have access to a broader range of United States and global demographic variables. About this you can find more information here.

And may I ask what version of Power BI Desktop you have? Because I've tested it, using ArcGIS map for Power BI in the much newer Power BI Desktop doesn't require a login screen. This is my Desktop version:

vjunyantmsft_0-1713147147444.png

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dino Tao, that helps alot.  I appreciate your answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.