Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gavin007
Helper V
Helper V

ALM Toolkit Connect to Workspace Error

Hi, I am using Pbi Pro and I create a workspace as admin and try to migrate a desktop pbix file to the dataset in that workspace.

When i put down the workspace name in the workspace field, I enter the credential in a pop up window, but once i go to the next windown, i have the following message. Can someone help? Many Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

the destop file as source has no problem connecting to, I assume it is something wrong with the worksapce connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am using Premium and have this "Allow XMLA endpoints and Analyze in Excel" enabled. I believe the toolkit is using XMLA endpoints and Analyze Excel to read the dataset's metadata. 

- Go to Admin Portal

- Under Tenant Settings

• Search for Integration Settings  (Listed below ""Content pack and app settings""
  • ponnusamy_0-1631142725976.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Did you try to connect as soon as you created the workspace? sometimes I have seen it taking about 5 to 10 minutes to have the workspace security fully propagated 

@ponnusamy The workspace is there for a while, at least 5 days.  Are use using premium or pro? 

i saw this post about Integration Settings in the Admin portal. but i can't see the same in myadmin  portal setting.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/ALM-Toolkit-Connecting-to-Workspace-Error/m-p/1239683#M5484...

I am using Premium and have this "Allow XMLA endpoints and Analyze in Excel" enabled. I believe the toolkit is using XMLA endpoints and Analyze Excel to read the dataset's metadata. 

- Go to Admin Portal

- Under Tenant Settings

• Search for Integration Settings  (Listed below ""Content pack and app settings""
  • ponnusamy_0-1631142725976.png

That is what is missing? My pro license can't see what you see. 😞

This is Premium capacity only feature. Do you have "Premium Per User" or just Pro license?

@ponnusamy Thanks for your sceenshoot. 

Just Pro. I am suprise there is nothing mentions in the document of ALM toolkit. So if you don't tick that option, it won't connect? 

As far as I know , Yes. You might want to try with Premium Per User which has XMLA endpoint enabling option. Its $10 addtional to your pro license / month.

let me see what ppu can do and then I ask for it, thanks mate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.