Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Osmanakgunduz
Helper I
Helper I

ALL functions not working

Hello,

I have a simple DAX formula that includes ALL functions. It works with different tables but does not in a specific table. Can anyone help me? I want to make the month number filter inactive, but not working. I tried REMOVE FILTERS too but got the same result. Thanks.

(I added two screenshots that show different amount, the amount must be same and total amount of all months and years)

Yearly Gross Revenue = CALCULATE(SUM(GENERALJOURNALACCOUNTENTRY[ACCOUNTINGCURRENCYAMOUNT]);FILTER(GENERALJOURNALACCOUNTENTRY;GENERALJOURNALACCOUNTENTRY[POSTINGTYPE]=51);ALL('Date'))

2020-01-28_16h28_25.png2020-01-28_16h40_44g.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Osmanakgunduz ,

I recently found out that ALL() does not remove filters that are set bij the Filter pane. It will only remove filters applied within queries and slicers. 

At the time I found this weird behaviour too, but to be honest the filterpane is there for your end users to interact with as well (or not, depends on your settings) and it would be strange that when you set a page or report filter, you can actually override that filter with DAX.

Hope this clarifies this issue for you!

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Osmanakgunduz
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @JarroVGIT  again. 

I found that it is not about slicer or filter pane. It is about measure formula. I will try to explain in order to help others that meet with this issue.

if your formula contains a variable, it works. for example: 

All Revenues = CALCULATE([Revenue];ALL('Date'))

but if your formula is like:
All Revenues 2 = CALCULATE(SUM(GENERALJOURNALACCOUNTENTRY[ACCOUNTINGCURRENCYAMOUNT]);ALL('Date'))
It doesn't work. 

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Osmanakgunduz
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @JarroVGIT  again. 

I found that it is not about slicer or filter pane. It is about measure formula. I will try to explain in order to help others that meet with this issue.

if your formula contains a variable, it works. for example: 

All Revenues = CALCULATE([Revenue];ALL('Date'))

but if your formula is like:
All Revenues 2 = CALCULATE(SUM(GENERALJOURNALACCOUNTENTRY[ACCOUNTINGCURRENCYAMOUNT]);ALL('Date'))
It doesn't work. 

Best Regards.
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Osmanakgunduz ,

I recently found out that ALL() does not remove filters that are set bij the Filter pane. It will only remove filters applied within queries and slicers. 

At the time I found this weird behaviour too, but to be honest the filterpane is there for your end users to interact with as well (or not, depends on your settings) and it would be strange that when you set a page or report filter, you can actually override that filter with DAX.

Hope this clarifies this issue for you!

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you @JarroVGIT  You are great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.