Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reindeer
Frequent Visitor

100 Stacked Column chart %age not working - Analysis Service

Hi,

I need to create 100 Stacked Column chart using a measure (Estimated Revenue). However, I am getting weird values in %age format, instead of actual 100% stacked column chart. If I hover the chart for tooltip, the values and percentage inside are correct, but I don't know what is happening in the Y axis or in chart.

Reindeer_0-1691506790041.png

Just so you know, it is a measure from Analysis service, so I said 

Estimated Revenue = Sum(Fact[Project_Estimated_Revenue])

So, the format in Estimated revenue is in Currency format. I am not sure, if this affects in any way, but I should be getting a simple graph with percentage values. From 0 to 100 and not 0.00000 M % to 0.000010 M %

Could someone tell me what might be happening here? I am not sure what is the problem here. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Reindeer
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

everything worked out, it was just a small glitch. I reset all the formats in this visual and everything was fine. 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reindeer
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

everything worked out, it was just a small glitch. I reset all the formats in this visual and everything was fine. 🙂 

Reindeer
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Just an update on this. I think this is some bug or something, i am always getting 0.00010M% (Max) in Y-axis, no matter which measure I choose. Could someone confirm this? 

I am using May 2023 version

@Reindeer , Go to measure tools, I doubt you have used format or dynamic formatting.

Clear format and choose percent or decimal or check have you used this

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/deep-dive-into-the-new-dynamic-format-strings-for-measures/

Hi @amitchandak

Thanks for your reply. Yes, this is new for me, however, I am connected to Analysis Service and it doesn't allow me to use this tool. I went through your link and I don't have that option to activate dynamic formatting. (See Image Below)

Reindeer_0-1691664408446.png

Also, I removed all the formats from the Analysis Service in this measure, but no change in the output. For different testing I tried using different graphs and I see perfect results, but as soon as I select "Show value as - Percent of Grand Total", everything messes up

Reindeer_1-1691664693087.png

Graph: Clustered Column Chart

Reindeer_3-1691664824782.png

Please note: tooltip shows correct values

Reindeer_6-1691665112478.png

I just want to see the same result in Y axis and Data Values. Sorry for any confusion

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.