Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Reindeer
Frequent Visitor

100 Stacked Column chart %age not working - Analysis Service

Hi,

I need to create 100 Stacked Column chart using a measure (Estimated Revenue). However, I am getting weird values in %age format, instead of actual 100% stacked column chart. If I hover the chart for tooltip, the values and percentage inside are correct, but I don't know what is happening in the Y axis or in chart.

Reindeer_0-1691506790041.png

Just so you know, it is a measure from Analysis service, so I said 

Estimated Revenue = Sum(Fact[Project_Estimated_Revenue])

So, the format in Estimated revenue is in Currency format. I am not sure, if this affects in any way, but I should be getting a simple graph with percentage values. From 0 to 100 and not 0.00000 M % to 0.000010 M %

Could someone tell me what might be happening here? I am not sure what is the problem here. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Reindeer
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

everything worked out, it was just a small glitch. I reset all the formats in this visual and everything was fine. 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reindeer
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

everything worked out, it was just a small glitch. I reset all the formats in this visual and everything was fine. 🙂 

Reindeer
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Just an update on this. I think this is some bug or something, i am always getting 0.00010M% (Max) in Y-axis, no matter which measure I choose. Could someone confirm this? 

I am using May 2023 version

@Reindeer , Go to measure tools, I doubt you have used format or dynamic formatting.

Clear format and choose percent or decimal or check have you used this

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/deep-dive-into-the-new-dynamic-format-strings-for-measures/

Hi @amitchandak

Thanks for your reply. Yes, this is new for me, however, I am connected to Analysis Service and it doesn't allow me to use this tool. I went through your link and I don't have that option to activate dynamic formatting. (See Image Below)

Reindeer_0-1691664408446.png

Also, I removed all the formats from the Analysis Service in this measure, but no change in the output. For different testing I tried using different graphs and I see perfect results, but as soon as I select "Show value as - Percent of Grand Total", everything messes up

Reindeer_1-1691664693087.png

Graph: Clustered Column Chart

Reindeer_3-1691664824782.png

Please note: tooltip shows correct values

Reindeer_6-1691665112478.png

I just want to see the same result in Y axis and Data Values. Sorry for any confusion

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.