Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

frankmroberts
Frequent Visitor

Unable to load DLL 'ParquetSharpNative':

I am testing out fabric for my organization and one of our key things to figure out is how to attached to a vendors MySQL database on AWS and bring it back to a LakeHouse.  I have created a Gen2 Dataflow that uses our on prem Data Gateway.  I then provide it the login info for the MySQL database on AWS and I can succefully see all the table in the database, so that part seems succeful.  However when I attempt to bring it back to the LakeHouse in Fabric it fails. Error messages can be seen below.

• There was a problem refreshing the dataflow. Please review the error message(s) below, fix the problem, and try again. (Request ID: ee843b8f-21f2-4a4b-a0ee-9ad495a060b6)
  • flightspan_maf_test aircraft: Error Code: 999999, Error Details: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: Unable to load DLL 'ParquetSharpNative': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A) Details: GatewayObjectId: 6b63dd19-d7ee-4ee0-8a3a-0bb4e48f5b66 (Request ID: ee843b8f-21f2-4a4b-a0ee-9ad495a060b6).

After the process runs, I do seem to get a empty parquet file and a _delta_log file in the Tables section of the LakeHouse.  All the files have a size of 0.

To rectify the situation we have attempted several things:

1) Per a form post we have upgraded to the latest version of the Data Gateway - no luck

2) I have stripped the fields moved over to the DataLake to just two fields - no luck

3) Turned off Enable Staging on the table

Any ideas?

Thanks for your Help

Frank

26 REPLIES 26
pqian_MSFT
Employee
Employee

Hey everyone, I believe we have narrowed down the ParquetSharp issue on post-NOV-23 gateways to compilation options against the AVX-2 instruction set, which does not work on older CPUs or hyper-v servers that has compatibility mode turned on.

If you are on older CPUs: wait for an update

If you are on Hyper-v that has compatibility mode on: try turning it off.

So to be clear, is this an issue with where the gateway is installed?  Are you saying turn off Hyper-v compatibility mode off on that machine where the gateway is installed?  If so will this then be fixed on the coming version of the gateway?  When will that come out?

Thanks for your help on this!

Yes, it's about where the GW is installed. It'd be interesting to confirm how many people on this thread is running inside Hyper-V with compatibility mode on.

It'll be fixed and QFEd. Expect this within 1-2 business weeks.

Is there a known issue/ recommendation for VMWare machines ? We have installed the latest Gateway version but are still getting this error

@StuartTurner the issue around AVX2 instruction has been resolved, so you are probably running into a new issue.

Can you share your GW version and the exact error message?

GW version 3000.214.8

ErrorCode=UserErrorFailedFileOperation,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=The file operation is failed, upload file failed at path: 'c64e7d4a-1a16-4b4d-b35a-77733bd38772/9a784df0-744c-41fb-8fa8-94e8291cdd48/Tables/PeriodTest'.,Source=mscorlib,''Type=System.TypeInitializationException,Message=The type initializer for 'Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.ParquetV2WriteTypeFactory' threw an exception.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Richfile.ParquetTransferPlugin,''Type=System.DllNotFoundException,Message=Unable to load DLL 'ParquetSharpNative': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A),Source=ParquetSharp,'

@StuartTurner 

OK, that is the March release but coming from Pipelines. Since we have combined ADF SHIR and the Power BI Gateway, the Parquet problem needs to be patched in both sides.

Are you using Pipelines directly or are you trying out the fast copy via pipelines feature in Dataflows?

We're using Pipelines directly - Copy data activity. To ingest data from an on-premise SQL Server database.

Dataflows are working (haven't tried fast copy, my undestanding is this is only available for Azure SQL). However, we are implementing a data driven load pattern using Pipelines.

Is there anything in the April release that addresses this issue?

Not sure what you mean by patching both sides, we can only update the Gateway - is there something that can be applied in Fabric?

Thanks

This is something that we will need to fix on our side. 

@pqian_MSFT has there been any update related to this issue specifically for Pipelines? we are still having the issue with the latest gw version installed. 

Yes, I'm working with the pipelines team to get this patched

@frankmroberts @JayJay11 @jawa @cieplag The patched gateway version 3000.214.8 is now live. Please download it and install it again.

pqian_MSFT_0-1710570511680.png

I have verified that everything works now after installing the March version. Thank you!

jawa

I was able to resolve

Unable to load DLL 'ParquetSharpNative': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed

by downgrading to September 2023 release of data gateway.

I used the download link here https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-september-2023-release/

frankmroberts
Frequent Visitor

@v-gchenna-msft 

its been over a week and the support analyst has not responded to my emails and teams posts.  Is there some other way to communicate with them that I am not aware of.  The problem still exists, however I was successful at coming up with a workaround using a Spak Notebook.  But it would still be nice to get to the bottom of this topic.  Thanks for your help!

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

This could potentially be related to the machine where the gateway is installed.

What happens if you use a different machine to run / host the gateway?

@miguel I was also thining that.  I have started down the road to install a data gateway (personal mode).  But based on the feedback on my ticket with MS, they didn't think that was the issue.  I did see in another post where someone downgraded there gatway to the Sept 2023 version and this fixed their issue.  I am waiting on what I here from MS, but if I don't here back by the end of the day I might give the data gateway (personal mode) a shot.  I am new to the use the of the data gateway, so it is unclear to me how it is configured, if anyone has a link to that, that would be amazing.  I do have it installed on my machine, but I assume there is some configuration that must occur to get it working correctly.

Hello all,

also we are having a similar issue using an On-Premise Gateway (same error message, but in Gateway logs). After downgrading again to September 2023 version, everything works again.

@miguel @v-gchenna-msft There seems to be an issue with Gateway versions after September 2023. Do you have an ETA on a bugfix? For the moment, we continue using the older version of the Gateway.

We have an open ticket with the tracking ID #2402090050003022.

The issue that you're having could be different to the one initially reported. I'd definitely recommend reopening that ticket so an engineer can get to the bottom of it.

These sorts of issues are typically specific to an environment where the gateway is installed and not something specific to the gateway, so an investigation with the support team is recommended .

Hi!

Do you have any update on this topic through your ticket?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.