Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

frankmroberts
Frequent Visitor

Unable to load DLL 'ParquetSharpNative':

I am testing out fabric for my organization and one of our key things to figure out is how to attached to a vendors MySQL database on AWS and bring it back to a LakeHouse.  I have created a Gen2 Dataflow that uses our on prem Data Gateway.  I then provide it the login info for the MySQL database on AWS and I can succefully see all the table in the database, so that part seems succeful.  However when I attempt to bring it back to the LakeHouse in Fabric it fails. Error messages can be seen below.

• There was a problem refreshing the dataflow. Please review the error message(s) below, fix the problem, and try again. (Request ID: ee843b8f-21f2-4a4b-a0ee-9ad495a060b6)
  • flightspan_maf_test aircraft: Error Code: 999999, Error Details: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: Unable to load DLL 'ParquetSharpNative': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A) Details: GatewayObjectId: 6b63dd19-d7ee-4ee0-8a3a-0bb4e48f5b66 (Request ID: ee843b8f-21f2-4a4b-a0ee-9ad495a060b6).

After the process runs, I do seem to get a empty parquet file and a _delta_log file in the Tables section of the LakeHouse.  All the files have a size of 0.

To rectify the situation we have attempted several things:

1) Per a form post we have upgraded to the latest version of the Data Gateway - no luck

2) I have stripped the fields moved over to the DataLake to just two fields - no luck

3) Turned off Enable Staging on the table

Any ideas?

Thanks for your Help

Frank

28 REPLIES 28

The issue that you're having could be different to the one initially reported. I'd definitely recommend reopening that ticket so an engineer can get to the bottom of it.

These sorts of issues are typically specific to an environment where the gateway is installed and not something specific to the gateway, so an investigation with the support team is recommended .

Hi!

Do you have any update on this topic through your ticket?

Hey @cieplag,

the ticket has been closed because we could "solve" the issue with the Septmeber 2023 version of the gateway.

However, I am also interested what is the status on this issue @miguel @v-gchenna-msft 

As of last week I was told Microsoft was still looking into it.  Here is what they said on 2/28:

Regarding the issue I checked with my TA and suggested me to escalate the issue to the product team individually for this ticket and following the same I will be providing you with the updates whatever I will get on the same.

Thanks - updates are very highly appreciated. Unfortunately as of now MS Support is not responding anymore to my e-mails (I agreed with Support to close the ticket but they would follow-up with me on any updates on the issue).

I assume it will be an important indicator as of when we can update the On-Prem Gateway from Sep 2023 to the newest version.

Definitely give it a try. Try installing the gateway on a different machine and use that new gateway installation for your dataflow. Then see if the issue persists or not.

Do continue talking with the support team and if you see that things work after the new installation, then report those back to the support team.

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @frankmroberts ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

Apologies for the issue you have been facing. I would like to check are you still facing this issue? 
It's difficult to tell what could be the reason for this performance. I would request you to wait for sometime and try again.

If the issue still persists, please reach out to our support team so they can do a more thorough investigation on why this it is happening: Link 

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other queries.

@v-gchenna-msft Thanks for looking at my thread.  I have re-created the dataflow this morning and it appears to have the same error.  I have placed a support ticket on this and the case number is  2402020010002491 

Let me know if there are any other details I can provide.  This is a pretty important trial for our ogranization and if Fabric can't create a dataflow for this database I will need to pass on using fabric.

Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors