Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChromeMystic
Helper I
Helper I

need help building hasonefilter expression to get totals in visual

I am currently working on a report about the login/logout times of our agents comparing them to the planned shifts. One of the values i have to deliver is an overview of how often they logged in 6 minutes or more after their shift has started.

With help in my last post here I got the formula working to properly show a 1 for every day where they logged in late. (Solved: Re: Calculate how often a threshold between two ti... - Microsoft Power BI Community)

loginCount = 
VAR summaryTable =
    CALCULATETABLE (
        ADDCOLUMNS ( VALUES ( sedShifts[shift] ), "@loginDiff", _calc[loginDiff] ),
        // get difference between shift start and actual login time0
        _date[lastMonth]
            = TRUE () // load all dates from last month
            //_date[date] >= TODAY () - 7
    )
VAR lateTimes =
    COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( summaryTable, [@loginDiff] >= 6 ) ) // count rows with more than 6 minutes late time
RETURN
    lateTimes

this results in the following table per agent (ignore the loginWarning)

ChromeMystic_0-1658396957944.png

The Total only shows the last value. I googled the problem and found that I have to use "HASONEFILTER" to get it to create the right value. The Problem is, that I cannot get it to work. I cannot select any of the values in my Formula as the columnname that HASONEFILTER asks for.

I would be very thankful for any pointers on how to build said formula so I get a proper total.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ChromeMystic ;

Try it.

Newmeasure =
IF (
    ISINSCOPE ( sedShifts[dateshort] ),
    [logincount],
    SUMX ( SUMMARIZE ( 'sedShifts', [dateshort], "1", [logincount] ), [1] )
)

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community
Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChromeMystic
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks guys - I was only able to check the replies today but I got correct results now. Not quite as good looking as I want them yet but they work, that is the important thing.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ChromeMystic ;

Try it.

Newmeasure =
IF (
    ISINSCOPE ( sedShifts[dateshort] ),
    [logincount],
    SUMX ( SUMMARIZE ( 'sedShifts', [dateshort], "1", [logincount] ), [1] )
)

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community
Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You need to apply HASONEVALUE to [dateShort]. Think like the Grand Total. Very often measures designed for the Grand Total will also work for the Row and Column Totals and for the individual cells.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.