Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IlseV
Frequent Visitor

how to replace blank fields to zero in matrix visual

Hi I have a table

Itemnumber     Date                   Value       
A12/09/202220
A13/09/202250
A14/09/202260
B13/09/202240
B14/09/202210
C12/09/202270
C14/09/202240
D13/09/202250

and I want the blank fields to be filled up with zero, so I can perform calculations, but I only get blanks instead of zero

Itemnumber13/09/202214/09/2022
A5060
B4010
C040
D500
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

thank you for sharing.

In my opinion, data model has to be created by using item dimension table and date dimension table.

Please check the attached pbix file and the below picture.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1663324616017.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @IlseV 
You need to have independent dimention tables as follows. Please refr to atached sample file

1.png2.png

Measure = SUM ( FactTable[Value] ) + 0
IlseV
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

thank you for sharing.

In my opinion, data model has to be created by using item dimension table and date dimension table.

Please check the attached pbix file and the below picture.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1663324616017.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Wow, this works. Many thanks!

I now added a Difference - measure to get a view on the difference in numbers between 2 days.

I got the tip from another post:

Difference = Var vPreviousDay = CALCULATE(Sheet1[expected measure:], FILTER(Sheet1,Sheet1[Days since]=MIN(Sheet1[Days since])))
Var vPreviousDay1Back = CALCULATE(Sheet1[expected measure:], FILTER(Sheet1,Sheet1[Days since]=MIN(Sheet1[Days since])+1))
RETURN vPreviousDay-vPreviousDay1Back

But in the final matrix, I would in the lowest row expect -50 instead of +50, because I substract 0 minus 50.
Do you have any advice on this matter? I add again the link to the pbix.
Many thanks.

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

One of ways to achieve this is to create a measure something like below, and put it into the matrix visualization.

New measure: = SUM(Table[Value]) + 0

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi, I already tried this, but it doesn't work. The blank fields still remain blank.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, and please share your sample pbix file's link here, and then I can try to look into it to come up with a more accurate solution.

Thanks.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi, I can't add pbix files here

Hi,

please try to share Onedrive link, Googledrive link, Dropbox link, or any other link that allows to share the file, instead of attaching the file to here.

Thanks.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.