Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmsm
Helper I
Helper I

exclude rows that dont have some entry

Hello. 

I have two tables: order lines and master data of product. I made a lookup values to know the master data of each product (weight, height, length, etc)

I have the following example:

Order_No   Product id  Master data of the product       Exclude?

808                 209           Yes                                            Yes

808                 210             No                                           Yes

808                 211             No                                            Yes

809                 209           Yes                                            No

809                 210             Yes                                          No

809                 211             Yes                                            No

I want to exclude all the orders that dont have at least one product without master data, like that example. For that, I want to create a calculated column (Like exclude column)  to flag these examples.

How can I do that?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @jmsm 

Exclude =
IF (
    "No"
        IN CALCULATETABLE (
            DISTINCT ( Table1[Master Data of Product] ),
            ALLEXCEPT ( Table1, Table1[OrderNo] )
        ),
    "Yes",
    "No"
)

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlB
Super User
Super User

@jmsm 

Should work. You've probably done something differently. See it in the attached file.

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @jmsm 

Exclude =
IF (
    "No"
        IN CALCULATETABLE (
            DISTINCT ( Table1[Master Data of Product] ),
            ALLEXCEPT ( Table1, Table1[OrderNo] )
        ),
    "Yes",
    "No"
)

SU18_powerbi_badge

Thank you for your reply. 

I'm having the error that the sintax for "IN" is incorrect. Have you tried this formula?  It is the first time that i use an IN function. 

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!