Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Georgiaoc

Why is my MIN function ignoring 0?

Hi there! 

I've found a few posts asking how to exclude zero from MIN caluclations but I'm having the opposite problem! 

I've used the following expression: MIN = CALCULATE(MIN('TABLE'[VARIABLE])+0)

I have added the '+0' at the end of the expression as I've read in other posts this forces it to inlcude zeros in the output and this has worked for other expressions. I have tried with with and without 'CALCULATE' at the beginning - no difference to the output. 

I'm then viewing the output in a table, which includes separate calculations for MAX and MEAN - all working fine. Except MIN shows a min value of 1 for certain groups, which is not true because the raw data clearly shows some individuals within the group have a score of 0 for my variable of interest. 

I cannot provide sample data because it's confidential. 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

Georgia 
5 REPLIES 5
JamesFR06
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

I would have try this :

MIN = CALCULATE(MIN('TABLE'[VARIABLE]))

return

if(isblank(min),0,Min)

Thank you!

So turns out my original expression techincally works - a variation of the one you provided above also works too.

HOWEVER! It seems the problem is actually something within Power BI table behaviour - if I look at raw scores within a table, these do show that some individuals have a MIN score of 0, however, when they're summarized into a group within a table, it shows 1 as the MIN value. Do you understand the logic for this?

Screenshot below shows an example of a group with 4 people in it - with row level detail on the right that shows that some of these people do indeed have a MIN of 0. 

Screenshot 2024-03-05 185011.jpg

Difficult without tables in front.

DPV_MIN is it a rounded result ?

JamesFR06
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi there! Thanks for your reply! Unfortuntately, I had already reviewed those resources and didn't find them helpful. If you have other suggestions, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks 😄 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors