Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ngoldovsky
Frequent Visitor

Using Slicers To Let Users Toggle Between Count and Percentage Measures In 1 Chart + 1 Table

I'm not sure if I'm just used to desigining things in a different way, but it appears to me that PowerBI is rather limited in giving report developers the ability to leverage single charts that could display a dynamic selection of segments and metrics. 

Most of the solutions I found to toggle between measures in a viz indicate the need to set up a separate metrics table and then utilize a SWITCH function to switch between the measures you want. 

e.g. https://www.fourmoo.com/2017/11/21/power-bi-using-a-slicer-to-show-different-measures/

However, in my example, I have two count measures and one percentage measure. 

When my SWITCH measure is like this, the "repair rate" measure is formatted as an integer and appears as a 1 or 0 in my table. 

Repair Metric Select = SWITCH(TRUE(),
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Installs With Repair",Query1[Installs With Repair],
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Installs W Multiple Repairs",Query1[Installs With Multiple Repair],
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Repair Rate",Query1[Repair Rate],
BLANK())

Like so:

However, when I format it like this:

Repair Metric Select = SWITCH(TRUE(),
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Installs With Repair",Query1[Installs With Repair],
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Installs W Multiple Repairs",Query1[Installs With Multiple Repair],
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Repair Rate",FORMAT(Query1[Repair Rate],"0.0%"),
BLANK())

My table values show up correctly but my line chart will appear blank. 

notworkingnotworking

Is there no way for me to populate a table and a line chart with a selection of multi-formatted metrics?

1 REPLY 1
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

you can do that with multiple overlaying charts (some not visible) and bookmarks, see here
https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.