Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rxiaoadvauto

Sum for Dax measure column not correct.

Hello all! I wrote a measure for mix by product class and the sum for this measure is not correct. Instead of -29, the result is 0 for the column. I wrote another measure called Test_Mix, where I used the SUMX function and put my table name and the Mix column I made as the arguments. However, I'm getting wrong numbers for this column. I verified that the numbers in the mix column is correct via a historical report: it's just the sum of the column is wrong. Mix power bi troubleshoot.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rxiaoadvauto 

Please try to use SUMMARIZE() function.

Create a virtual table with the help of the SUMMARIZE function.

The SUMMARIZE function returns a summary table for the requested totals over a set of groups.

Iterating through virtual tables allows you to make sure that the logic you implement is iterating through the correct context for the total versus any natural context that might occur via selections made on a report page.

Here are some links for your reference:

Fixing Incorrect Totals Using DAX Measures In Power BI | Master Data Skills + AI (enterprisedna.co)

Power BI: Totals Incorrect and how to Fix it - Finance BI (finance-bi.com)

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rxiaoadvauto 

Please try to use SUMMARIZE() function.

Create a virtual table with the help of the SUMMARIZE function.

The SUMMARIZE function returns a summary table for the requested totals over a set of groups.

Iterating through virtual tables allows you to make sure that the logic you implement is iterating through the correct context for the total versus any natural context that might occur via selections made on a report page.

Here are some links for your reference:

Fixing Incorrect Totals Using DAX Measures In Power BI | Master Data Skills + AI (enterprisedna.co)

Power BI: Totals Incorrect and how to Fix it - Finance BI (finance-bi.com)

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.