Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

divyaaggarwalbA
Frequent Visitor

SELECTEDVALUE which selects two dates and feed into a DAX formula

Hi All,

Hope you can help.

I am trying to use end user input values to feed into a DAX formula. For this I am using two different date tables.
End Date 
Start Date

the Formula for DAX for selecting single value from each table is 

End Date = DATEVALUE(FORMAT(SELECTEDVALUE('End Date'[Date],0),"dd/mm/yyyy"))
Start Date = DATEVALUE(FORMAT(SELECTEDVALUE('Start Date'[Date],0),"dd/mm/yyyy"))
divyaaggarwalbA_0-1693441282470.png

these two formula give me the expected result. But when i try to feed these two formulas into Calculated columns it is not working. The calculated column is basically tring to check if the column [P_date](Date type) in table 'A table' lies in Start and end date range.

Column =
if(AND('A table'[P_date]>= 'Start Date'[Start Date],'A table'[P_date]<= 'End Date'[End Date]),1,0)
the answer is always 0 even when the P_date is in Start an end date range.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mlsx4 yes found th solution with sth similar posting for future visitors. I created a measure instead.

Measure =

if(MAX('A table'[P_date])>= 'Start Date'[Start Date] && Max('A table'[P_date])<= 'End Date'[End Date],"your required result",BLANK())

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mlsx4
Super User
Super User

Hi @divyaaggarwalbA 

If you want to check that the date is between two values, you should relate them with calendar table (without any active relationship) and use something like:

Start Date'[Start Date]<=MAX('A table'[P_date]) && 'End Date'[End Date]>=MAX('A table'[P_date])

@mlsx4 yes found th solution with sth similar posting for future visitors. I created a measure instead.

Measure =

if(MAX('A table'[P_date])>= 'Start Date'[Start Date] && Max('A table'[P_date])<= 'End Date'[End Date],"your required result",BLANK())

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors