Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ghita_elouadrhi
Frequent Visitor

Remove subtotal from only one column in a Matrix in Power BI

Hello Experts, 

In the matrix below, I want to keep the totals and subtotals for Summary cost but not for FTE and Headcount, 

Any ideas?

ghita_elouadrhi_0-1653999939039.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ghita_elouadrhi ,

According to your screenshot, I think there are three hierarchy levels in column field in Matrix. Power BI doesn't support us to turn off subtotal by column name.If you turn off subtotals by per column/row level function, it will remove all subtotals in that level.

Here I suggest you to try to turn off word wrap option in Format and then reduce the width of the subtotal columns which you don't need to 0.

RicoZhou_0-1654240430370.png

Result is as below.

RicoZhou_1-1654240486224.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nagesh_Babar

It works but in case i want to export that matrix then how to do that

ghita_elouadrhi
Frequent Visitor

In Values, there is only one measure which is switching the value based on the Value Type

so if I change the subtotal color and background it will affect also The subtotal I want to keep.

ghita_elouadrhi_0-1654001442883.png

ghita_elouadrhi_1-1654001462903.png

Hi @ghita_elouadrhi ,

According to your screenshot, I think there are three hierarchy levels in column field in Matrix. Power BI doesn't support us to turn off subtotal by column name.If you turn off subtotals by per column/row level function, it will remove all subtotals in that level.

Here I suggest you to try to turn off word wrap option in Format and then reduce the width of the subtotal columns which you don't need to 0.

RicoZhou_0-1654240430370.png

Result is as below.

RicoZhou_1-1654240486224.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

OK. You can start your measure off with ISFILTERED. Please substitute your two dimensions where I have Category[Category]  and Category[ID] with your table and column names for FTE & HeadCount. Basically this will produce results on everything except the total. I'm hoping your HeadCount is a dimension.

New Measure = IF(OR(ISFILTERED(Category[Category]), ISFILTERED(Category[Cat_ID])),[Measure])

Example comparing results with my data:
Whitewater100_0-1654002591697.png

I hope this helps..

Whitewater100
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi:

In Format Visual section you can choose the columns you want for totals. One workaround is to change the text color to same as your background(here I choose white for the Inv Tot SPLY Please see example below. I hope this solves your question. Thanks..

Whitewater100_1-1654000624519.png

Whitewater100_2-1654000717432.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors