Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pmasuch
Regular Visitor

Remove Filter Context from Table Visual when Matrix is clicked

Hey there,

I have a matrix visual with the columns "destination" and "order number".
The destination is the first row and the order number the second.

When I open the matrix in one destination, all order numbers are shown. But order numbers could also be placed on another destinations. My aim is to create another visual as a table, where the other destinations of the clicked order number in the matrix are shown.

I think I have to create a special measure for the table visual, where the filter context is deleted. I tried, but with no success.

Could somebody help me?

Thanks and much greetings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to use a shadow copy of your table to do that

lbendlin_0-1693051803818.png

see attached

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Pmasuch
Regular Visitor

Is there any opportunity to create a measure for the table visual, that ignores the filter context from the matrix with creating a "shadow table"? I tried your solution with tab editor, it doesn't work 😕

you lost me there. I still don't know what that would have to do with Tabular editor.

To duplicate the table doesn't worked for this problem. 
I'm working with own created dataflows, so I have created a new dataflow with the necessary data, almost a duplicate but a little bit smaller.

Now it works. Thank you very much!

Pmasuch
Regular Visitor

Hi @lbendlin ,
I have created a simple spreadsheet and a pbix file to explain my aim.

Hopefully, everything is clear now.

Example.pbix

Thank you!

You need to use a shadow copy of your table to do that

lbendlin_0-1693051803818.png

see attached

Thank you @lbendlin 
Is this a possible way for Tabular Editor 3, too? Or is there any other opportunity?

Not sure where the connection is. This is about focus and filter context, not about calculation groups.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors