Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

cmduke87
Regular Visitor

Ranking Matrix Country by Sales

I have done quite a few searches on this topic and there is lots of information on it. Unfortunately I am new to power bi and really struggling to understand how to take someone elses solution and mold it into mine. What I am looking for is to have a matrix chart with my machine models in the row and my countries ranked across the top. I have 153 countries so ideally I would like to show my top 10 and then put all the others into a category named other so that I see my total sales with top 10 counties and the rest in other. I also have quite a few splicers on the page (business/region/year) and am hoping to make sure it works with those.

What I have so far:

Rank NST Country Descr = RANKX( ALLSELECTED( Summary[Buyer Country Description] ) , CALCULATE( SUM( Summary[Final NS&T] ) ) )     This seems to work if I pull into a matrix as a column but I want the ranking to be hidden if that makes sense.

Appreciate any help on this and please let me know if I wasnt clear on anything!

2 REPLIES 2
Karthikstark
Frequent Visitor

you can use a calculated coumn to give your countries a rank and use sort by column function to sort countries in the matrix visual. To group other countries that do not fall in your top 10 category use grouping function and manually select the countries and group  them together

What am I missing on the ranking formula? 

Country NST RANK Col = RANKX(ALL(Summary[Buyer Country Description]), SUMX(RELATEDTABLE(Summary), [Final NS&T]))

Its only returning 1 for everything and then the last one is 153. I was thinking it would be straightforward since both values are on the same Summary table. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.