Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gustavo_Vargas
Regular Visitor

Range Between

Hi there,

I'm working on a dashboard for the COVID19, I have a comparison between countries (New Cases per Million) and I created a new time line in order to put every country in the same starting point.

Gustavo_Vargas_0-1593442751443.png

The problem is that since my new time line is meassured in "Days since the first case"; I can´t use the time intelligence to do a rolling average.
Can you help me to create a meassure (or a new calculated column) for the rolling average, using the "Days since the first case" as index?

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Lots of assumptions here - for example you assume that you know when the first case was per country, and that the process runs at the same speed everywhere.

Take the date of the first case overall and then create a lookup table that has the delta per country to that first case. Then use that delta value as a correction when doing your comparisons (via DateAdd() ).

Hi!

There is no asumption, we have the data for every country, the only thing we did was setting the starting point when the country had 100 infected. So, for every country we have a time line starting on Day Zero.

Regards!

G

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors