Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

memoalkatib1
Frequent Visitor

RANKX

Hi ,

I am trying to create a RANK for product category based amongst all prodcut categories and display it on one KPI CARD( so it would just show the RANK, based on Total amount of sales desc.

The Rank for specific Category will be displayed based on the filtered retailer. so for example. If you select Walmart, the specific category named = " Clothes" ranks 5th or 6th or 7th amongst the overall sales of all catgories. you can either specify the category name explicitally in the measure, or have a slicer/ filter on the CARD visual. Either way is fine. 
RANKXRANKX

I wrote the measure and It works absolutely fine when I add a table that contains Retailer, Product Category and Rank. But IF I only soon as I add a Card visual to only show the rank number, and slice it by the Category Name= "Shirt", It will throw off the number by 1 rank at least. Does anyone have any idea on why that might be ?

Here is my 2 DAX measures:

Total_Sales=
VAR VAL = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sale_Amount]),FILTER(ProductCategory, ProductCategory [Name<>"MISC"),FILTER(ProductCategory, ProductCategory [Name] <>BLANK()), FILTER('Calendar','Calendar'[Year]=[Max Year]))

return VAL

Rank_Sales

VAR Val =
    RANKX ( FILTER(FILTER(ProductCategory, ProductCategory [Name]<>"MISC"),FILTER(ProductCategory, ProductCategory [Name] <>BLANK())  , [Total_Sales],,DESC,Dense)
RETURN

VAL

RANKx  RANKX measure for each group RANKXRANKX

2 REPLIES 2
EricVieira

Categoria classificada =
VAR TotalSales = CALCULATE(SUM(SalesTable[Sales]))
RETURN
RANKX(
ALL(ProductTable[Category]),
CALCULATE(SUM(SalesTable[Sales])),
DESC,
Dense
)

Assuming you have a sales table named 'SalesTable' with a column 'Sales' representing the sales value, and a product table named 'ProductTable' with a column 'Category' representing the product category.

The above code calculates the total sales for all products using the CALCULATE function with the SUM function. Then we use the RANKX function to rank each product category based on total sales, using the CALCULATE function with the SUM function to calculate sales for each category. The ALL function removes all product category filters, so that all categories are ranked based on total sales.

Thank you, This is exactly what I did on my measure. Again, It works fine on a table visual, but as soon as you add a signle KPI card, then add a visual level filter to filter by Category= "Clothes", then the rank is not accurate. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.