Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Claudio7
Regular Visitor

Problems with SWITCH(TRUE() Function

Hello. I need some help with the SWITCH(TRUE() function. 

I'm trying to build a report with the P&L of few different entities. I use a simple P&L Templates where main lines are marked as "0" in column "Subtotals" and subtotal lines are marked as "1". 

Claudio7_0-1689853427612.png

I made a table "P&L Amounts with columns: Company code, P&L Items, Month, Actual amount".

Claudio7_1-1689853525169.png

Using the a DAX measure like this:

SWITCH(TRUE(),
SELECTEDVALUE(PL_Template[Subtotal])=0, [P&L Actual Amounts],
SELECTEDVALUE(PL_Template[Subtotal])=1, [P&L Subtotals],BLANK())

I can get a table where the P&L works only considering consolidate datas, but it doesn't work when I want to see (trough a slicer or a filter, a single entity P&L and also if I add the period/month (I get only the P&L amounts without subtotals).  

Claudio7_0-1689846180637.png

Is it possible to use this function next to a FILTER() or similar? 

Thanks a lot for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
technolog
Super User
Super User

I hope this message finds you well. I've noticed that this solution remain unresolved. If any of you have managed to find a resolution to the issue, I kindly request that you share your solution for the benefit of the entire community. Alternatively, if you're still facing challenges, please do let us know as well.

Your insights and updates will greatly assist others who might be encountering the same challenge.

mlsx4
Super User
Super User

Hi @Claudio7 

I can't really understand what are you trying to obtain. Can you share an example?

Hello ! Thanks for your reply. I actually wanted to have a full income statement by company code. I worked on the report from the time being and I changed it, replacing the dax codes above with calculated tables. I notice that the issue I have is with the relations between 3 tables when looking up at the company codes, as I don't manage to have the relation active for all these tables. I guess I will have to open a new thread for this. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors