Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rpiboy_1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Numeric Range (Parameter) returns multiple values in Matrix

Hi all,

I'm using a Numeric Range as a multiplication factor in my report. In a table the final measure calculates properly, where the factor value is properly applied to the measure I want to multiply.

However, in a Matrix, the DAX is behaving like there is more then one value coming from the Measure that defines the factor value, and is defaulting to the 'alternate' value (2.5) in the Measure statement:

Universal Grossing Factor Value = SELECTEDVALUE('Universal Grossing Factor'[Universal Grossing Factor], 2.5)

What I don't understand is why in the matrix does it think there is more then one 'row' in this case? I'm obviously missing something about the context of the matrix, just not sure what...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rpiboy_1
Resolver I
Resolver I

I win the dunce award... never sync'ed the parameter selection slicer from the first page of the report to the page that has the matrix visual... that is 100% on me... 😞 While attempting to investigate further, came accross Substack thread that caused me to double-check the slicer state/status....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rpiboy_1
Resolver I
Resolver I

I win the dunce award... never sync'ed the parameter selection slicer from the first page of the report to the page that has the matrix visual... that is 100% on me... 😞 While attempting to investigate further, came accross Substack thread that caused me to double-check the slicer state/status....

EylesIT
Resolver II
Resolver II

@rpiboy_1, I would suggest creating a measure with this DAX expression:

TestMeasure = COUNTROWS('Universal Grossing Factor')

and see what numbers it returns for each cell of the matrix. This can help work out what is going on.

The test measure was 'instructive' in that it comes back as 101 rows, which happens to be the total number increments available in the Numeric Range Parameter. So I guess my question becomes, how do I get to the 'right' context when using a Numerical Parameter with another Measure.

When I add the test measure to the table, it also jumps to showing all the rows from the dimension table I'm using, so that is clearly the 'underlying' issue. I'm just not sure how to deal with it... 😞

rpiboy_1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Not sure if it helps (but can't hurt) I'm observing the same result in an online paginated report, which I assume is basically using an equivalent 'Matrix' to report the data, even though by default it resembles/looks more like a table in the paginated result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.