Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jakob82
Frequent Visitor

New measure with Daily performance from Balance amount

Hello

I need help to create a new measure based on a Balance Amount field. The measure need to calculate the daily perfomance, wich is today balance - previous day balance, except when it is a new year. If it is 1/1 we would like to show the current balance for that day.

I have a screenshot from excel showing an example. 

Annotation 2023-05-12 100625.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jakob82 ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create calculated column.

Column =
var _mindate=
MINX(
    FILTER(ALL('Table'),YEAR('Table'[Date])=YEAR(EARLIER('Table'[Date]))),[Date])
var _current=
SUMX(  FILTER(ALL('Table'),YEAR('Table'[Date])=YEAR(EARLIER('Table'[Date]))&&'Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])),[Value])
var _last=
SUMX(  FILTER(ALL('Table'),YEAR('Table'[Date])=YEAR(EARLIER('Table'[Date]))&&'Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])-1),[Value])
return
IF(
    'Table'[Date]=_mindate,'Table'[Value],
    _current - _last)

2. Result:

vyangliumsft_0-1684205120346.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Ok thanks!

I thoght I had a solution with following measures: 

Measure for Previous day balance:

GL Balance Amount Previous Day:=CALCULATE([GL Balance Amount], PREVIOUSDAY('Dim Balance Date'[Balance Date]), DATESYTD('Dim Balance Date'[Balance Date]))

Then a measure based on current day balance - Previous Day balance: 

GL Balance Amount - Daily Change:=CALCULATE([GL Balance Amount] - [GL Balance Amount Previous Day])

And "GL Balance Amount - Daily Change" shows exactly what i want, EXCEPT when I look at the grand total.

The total show wrong total amount.. It is very weird I think. Any Idea what it is?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.