Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NewBIe2013
Regular Visitor

Need help with measures - Demand and Usage

BI gurus, I'm a beginner on DAX/Measures.

I have this Excel and the calculation rather easy to achieve, and would like to convert it to Power BI, did some research from online and this community, went through a couple of resolutions from online such as cross-highlight, current month, and future month, and couldn't get my head around.

Hence would really need your help on the Planned and Future Qty, they are from same table called Forecast with Order date and Delivery date. 

This probably needs a couple of measures, and want to achieve:

- Planned Qty: qty order on the month but may be deliver in the following months;

- Future Qty: qty might need to order next month and deliver in the following months;

- Stock level:

> capture the current stock level (i.e. 127), then from next month onwards, it would be [(current stock level + Planned qty + Future qty) - Usage]

NewBIe2013_0-1708751093032.png

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @NewBIe2013 ,

Since I don't know the source of the first stock level, I used the formulated data to complete your idea:

vtianyichmsft_0-1709543858804.png

An attachment for your reference. Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NewBIe2013
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-tianyich-msft , thanks for that. 
need some clarifications on the measure, you have put in the var _num = 127, can it be update to take from the current on hand stock level (even though it still 127)? Reason to ask for change is because when comes to Apr, the current on hand will be different. Look forward to your response. Thanks. 

NewBIe2013
Regular Visitor

Future Qty = sum of dark pink colour cells. 

Hi @NewBIe2013 ,

Since I don't know the source of the first stock level, I used the formulated data to complete your idea:

vtianyichmsft_0-1709543858804.png

An attachment for your reference. Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors