Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MiXiang
Frequent Visitor

Need help to fix the circular dependency with the recursion

12E001C8-CE6C-469A-B2B9-C70985102E05.png

 ND

A3F53B7D-AA94-44C1-ABC9-27307C992858.png

EEA22E8E-7CF4-4187-82EF-5E5518567C64.png

62472B34-7E6B-4492-9DD3-C456A4F268E8.png

  

Can anyone help me to build the dax formula which can avoid the circular dependency? This is quite difficult because it include the recursion. But I think it can be solved because my answer are correct until the sixth month.

NP_B = Obtained the data from the Excel

ND_B = Obtained the data from the Excel

NS_B = Obtained the data from the Excel

NP = Previous ND+PreviousNS

ND = ND_B * (NP_R/NP_B-1)

NS = (NP_R*%)/3

NP_R = NP_B + NP

Can help me to build the dax formula for NP, ND, NS, NP_R to avoid circular dependency? Thanks a lot!!!

The picture are what I did. I did for the temp table, columns and measure. The picture below just one part of that. Hope that can be simplify too.

7567E43C-F719-4496-8C1F-96CA38985071.jpeg

• NP_R used by ND and NS. Previous ND and NS sum up will be the NP. Previous NP and NS  involve the recursion. This caused the circular dependency was detected in "Temp R 2": V2[NS]. I used "Temp NP 2"+NP_B. My month will from 1 to 12.

The pic (Pic with handwriting) above is the columns that I used to build the calculation. "Temp" and "R" in V and V2 are calculated by measures and the remaining are calculated by the new columns

4 REPLIES 4
some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @MiXiang 

Not on picture from your pbi, but in your text. Check yellow. Hope this help, kudos appreciated.

some_bih_0-1695647922613.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

• E0C8923B-3AF9-47F9-9139-45BB61B202C0.jpeg

Yup. NP_R used by ND and NS. Previous ND and NS sum up will be the NP. Previous NP and NS  involve the recursion. This caused the circular dependency was detected in "Temp R 2": V2[NS]. I used "Temp NP 2"+NP_B. My month will from 1 to 12.

The pic above is the columns that I used to build the calculation. "Temp" and "R" in V and V2 are calculated by measures and the remaining are calculated by the new columns

Hi @MiXiang is this solution, if yes accept it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi. Maybe you can see my replies above again so that you can understand. I think I gave more detailed explanation

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors