Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging Two Cumulative Lines

Hi all,

I have two measures -

Actual Cumulative Cost = CALCULATE(SUM('K:01303 (Combined)'[Cost]),FILTER(ALL('K:01303 (Combined)'),'K:01303 (Combined)'[Month]<=MAX('K:01303 (Combined)'[Month])&&'K:01303 (Combined)'[Cost Type]="Actual Cost"))

Forecasted Cumulative Cost = CALCULATE(SUM('K:01303 (Combined)'[Cost]),FILTER(ALL('K:01303 (Combined)'),'K:01303 (Combined)'[Month]<=MAX('K:01303 (Combined)'[Month])&&'K:01303 (Combined)'[Cost Type]="Forecast"))

I have the original cost values set up where the Forecast costs show as 0 if they are posted before today's date. I've highlighted what I'd like to stay. The 2nd chart is from Excel and shows how I would like it to look. Is there a simple way to combine these while hiding the non-highlighted part?

Also, since the measures are created in DAX, any additional changes, I assume, would also have to be in DAX and not an m-formula. 

Merged Cumulative Costs.PNGMerged Cumulative Costs_Excel.PNG

Thanks,

Robyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous , try like

if([Forecasted Cumulative Cost])<>0,[Forecasted Cumulative Cost]+[Actual Cumulative Cost],[Actual Cumulative Cost])

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , try like

if(not(isblank([Forecasted Cumulative Cost])),[Forecasted Cumulative Cost]+[Actual Cumulative Cost],[Actual Cumulative Cost])

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak I get an error "Model object names must be non-empty". Not sure what this means but I don't believe any of my values are blank. 

@Anonymous , try like

if([Forecasted Cumulative Cost])<>0,[Forecasted Cumulative Cost]+[Actual Cumulative Cost],[Actual Cumulative Cost])

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak This works. Thank you! Now I just need to find a visual that lets me define the series by both column and line. Thank you!

Robyn

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I would have thought just making a measure adding the two things together would work...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jthomson  I guess technically that would work, but wouldn't I lose the cost type/color variance if they became one value?

Robyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors