Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ShaunGibbs23
Frequent Visitor

Measure for Yearly Change is not dynanic with other fields

Hello,

I have created a measure that shows the yearly change for applications. However, when I add this to a Matrix with other fields included (in this case 'FeeStatusGroup'), it does not show the yearly change for row field. The screenshot below shows the measure in question but also the table which has the total as correct, but the row/fee status data is not. 

ShaunGibbs23_1-1712846850262.png

I suspect I need to change the filter in the DAX but nothing seems to work so far. There will be other fields too that I will want to display in the same way of 'feestatusgroup' too.

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to give.

3 REPLIES 3
ShaunGibbs23
Frequent Visitor

Hello, thanks for your reply. The first image below uses dummy data and shows the numbers on the left and the % change on the right. You can see that the totals are correct as there is total -3.5% change from 2022 to 2023. However, the percenatge when split out by fee status is wrong as there is no a -50% change from 2022-2023 for Overseas, instead it would be somewhere around -3%. 

ShaunGibbs23_2-1712912473923.png

Below is the DAX again and I can't see that Fee Status is filtered but I'm wondering do I excluse Fee Status from this, and if so how? Any other workarounds would be greatly too incase this measure isn't ideal. 

ShaunGibbs23_1-1712912349290.png

Hi @ShaunGibbs23 ,

I think I got your point but I am having some difficulty in making data to try to achieve the effect given in your picture, I am not able to get some tables and some rows and columns from the DAX code you have given, so if it is possible could you provide me with the complete table data?

vyilongmsft_0-1713167002069.png

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShaunGibbs23 ,

Can you provide me more about your problem or the .pbix file?

I think the problem may be caused by  the measure is being filtered by the FeeStatusGroup, you might need to remove the filter context affecting it. Functions like ALL() can clear the filters, while ALLEXCEPT() can clear all filters except the ones specified.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.