Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure B = Measure A but only value none of A's relationships

So I have a measure which calculates the sum of column 2 - column 3 subject to a filter in column 1: 

Column 1Column 2Column 3
A82
B34
C63
A45
A46
C33
B62
C65

Measure A sums the difference between columns 2 & 3 subject to filtering by A in column 1. Therefore, the measure equals the sum of column 2 - column 3 = 3 (A)

I want to create a new measure equal to the value contained in measure A but I don't want the relationship measure A contains (the filter by A). I purely only want the value (3). 

I summary,  I want to create a new measure equal to another measure but I only want its value, nothing else. 

Many thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 
CALCULATE(
       SUMX(
                STRESS_Table, STRESS_Table[MV]) + SUMX(STATEMENT_table, STATEMENT_table[mid]),                         ALL(STRESS_Table
                   )
               )

or else
CALCULATE(
       SUMX(
                STRESS_Table, STRESS_Table[MV]) + SUMX(STATEMENT_table, STATEMENT_table[mid])
              )

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 
whatever columns impact you want to exclude from measure put that columns in all function

CALCULATE(SUMX(tbl,tbl[Column 2]-tbl[Column 3]),ALL(tbl[Column 1]))
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure I fully understand. Here's my measure A calculation. I need only the value from this calculation. I don't want the 0 filter included when put in measure B, only the value from measure A.

CALCULATE(
       SUMX(
                STRESS_Table, STRESS_Table[MV]) + SUMX(STATEMENT_table, STATEMENT_table[mid]),                         FILTER(STRESS_Table, STRESS_Table[ScenarioUnderlying] = 0
                   )
               )

Thank you 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 
CALCULATE(
       SUMX(
                STRESS_Table, STRESS_Table[MV]) + SUMX(STATEMENT_table, STATEMENT_table[mid]),                         ALL(STRESS_Table
                   )
               )

or else
CALCULATE(
       SUMX(
                STRESS_Table, STRESS_Table[MV]) + SUMX(STATEMENT_table, STATEMENT_table[mid])
              )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.