Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwu1

Lookup value (with multiple results) from same table and with multiple filters

Hello, I have the following issue:

Context:

I currently have a report that tracks an activity log. 1 row = 1 activity. The row will tell us what is the activity (Activity ID (From)) and what is the next activity (Activity ID (To)) it triggers. Each row has a date-time (Activity Date) of when the Activity ID (From) happened. 

Objective:

For each row, I'd like to find out what is the Activity date for when Activity ID (from) = preceding Activity ID (to)

mwu1_1-1691376992441.png

I've tried the following formula

T0 = Calculate(firstNONBLANK(Reporting[ActivityDate], 1), Filter(Reporting, Reporting[ActivityToId] = EARLIER(Reporting[ActivityId])))

but it's only retrieving the first ever date of that activity instead of the closest preceding one. I would also like to add a filter so that it only looks up dates with the same Request ID (column A).

Thank you in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
mwu1

Managed to get an answer from further researching

T0 =
VAR _last_date = Reporting[ActivityDate]
RETURN
CALCULATE (
MAX ( Reporting[ActivityDate] ) ,
ALLEXCEPT ( Reporting , Reporting[ReqIDId] ) ,
Reporting[ActivityDate] < _last_date, Reporting[ActivityToId] = EARLIER(Reporting[ActivityId]))

Hi, @mwu1 

You have a great approach, thanks for sharing. You can accept your answer as a solution to help more people with similar problems.

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors