Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue in slicing target for start month to end month

Hello,

• I want to slice the Target by the month-year slicer.
  • There are 3 categories in the dataset and for each category, there is an individual target for each country.
  • Target is based on the Start month and end month but the target is the same for each month. 

for example: If I slice the target from any month between Jan-21 to Mar-21 it should display the same target for Jan, Feb, Mar. And For Apr-21 to Sep-21, it should display the same target for Apr, May, Jun and so on.

Sample Dataset.png

Here is the Dataset.

Thanks in Advance !!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Tejaswini_Dahat , refer if this blog of mine can help

How to divide/distribute values between start date or end date or count days across months/days: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-divide-distribute-values-between-start-date-o...

Or the attached file after the signature of similar topic

Hello @amitchandak,

Thank you for the help. Actually, I don't want to divide the target for the months. Target should be the same for individual months and for all the months from start month to end month.

Just like: from Jan-21 to mar-21 the target is 1000000, so it should be the same for each individual months for Jan target should be 1000000, for Feb  1000000 and for Mar 1000000 and for Jan-21 to Mar-21 also 1000000.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.