Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SriharshaS

How to put filter for a specific field in the field parameter.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have a date table where I have Quarter/ Month-Year/ Week ending. I have added these three columns in a field parameter. This I am using in the Matrix as columns. When I select Quarter or Month-Year I want to show all the Quarter or Month but when I select the Week ending I want to show only previous 12 weeks. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Jessesmith4410
Frequent Visitor

I'd like an answer as well. Solution seems to be somewhere within the DAX of Field Parameter.

Assuming you've already setup a Field Parameter, is there a way to limit/filter the values selected by Parameters?

For example, say there is a field in a Calendar table that is logical, True/False, call it [CurrentMonth] which calculates whether the value in the [Date] column is within your current month. If i were to pull [CurrentMonth] as a field parameter, it will by default include both True/False values and therefore be useless as a slicer.

CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

It's possible now with the latest 2020 May update featuring the long-awaited "Field parameters" funcionality.

CNENFRNL_0-1654932513308.png

CNENFRNL_1-1654935543465.gif

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

I have already done this then only I was able to create Field parameter

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors