Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

blue_0720

How do I write a measure that averages column totals?

Beginner user here and have never asked a question in a forum before so I apologize in advance for the simplicity of the question or info I might miss adding for context.

I have this table that I'm trying to replicate from Excel. I have included a screenshot of the Excel version and the Power Bi version. I want to display the average of the sums of each quarter. I am displaying this single value in a card (the one that is showing 131.85% right now) (I couldn't figure out how to do it in the table matrix). I know it can be done with DAX as a measure but can't seem to figure out what that would be. Is there an easy way to do this? I want the average to be off the quarters that have data, excluding the zeros for the future quarters). 

Excel version:

blue_0720_0-1687371770110.png

Power BI version:

blue_0720_1-1687371815847.png

Thank you in advance for the help. 

4 REPLIES 4
blue_0720

@tamerj1  I have the data for this table with a field for Quarter and that is linked to a Calendar table so am I referencing the Quarter field in this table or do I reference the fields in my Calendar table? Also, what goes where you have [Measure]?

@blue_0720 

which of them is usef in the visual?

our report has changed direction so I no longer need this, thank you for your help though @tamerj1 

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @blue_0720 

please try

Average Measure =
AVERAGEX ( SUMMARIZE ( 'Date', 'Date'[Year], 'Date'[Quarter] ), [Measure] )

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors