Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kamiluc
Frequent Visitor

Help finding issue in measure

Hi,

I have a table (RISK_EVALUATION) that contains risk evaluations for RISKIDs (can be multiple) along with dates and outcomes. I then created a measure that I intent to include in a matrix to count how many risks have the latest evaluation as "Not Assessed".

The matrix will have the last day of the month from a calendar table as columns.  A RISKID should be counted on that month if the latest evaluation, even if done many months ago, had a value of "Not Assessed". It'd look like this:

Sep-23Oct-23Nov-23Dec-23
# Risks Not Assessed5544

My current measure:

# Risks Not Assessed =

var _selectdate = MAX(dCalendar[Date])

var tmp =  FILTER( ALL( RISK_EVALUATION), RISK_EVALUATION[RE_DATE] <= _selectdate) --create a temp table with evaluations only up to the date selected
var tmp1 = SUMMARIZE(tmp, [RISKID], "Max Date", MAXX( RISK_EVALUATION, RISK_EVALUATION[RE_DATE])) --create a temp table summarising risk by the latest evaluation date
var tmp2 = SELECTCOLUMNS( ADDCOLUMNS( tmp1, "Concate_Str", [RISKID] & [Max Date]), "Concate_Str", [Concate_Str]) --create a temp table with single column concatenating riskid and mre date
var tmp3 = FILTER( tmp, [RISKID] & [MRE_DATE] IN tmp2) --create temp table based on first tmp, filtering only those with the latest RE date for each risk
var tmp4 = CALCULATETABLE( VALUES( RISK_EVALUATION[RISKID]), FILTER( tmp3, [RE_RATING] = "Not Assessed" )) --create temp table for the risks where the latest RE is defined as not assessed. 

var _a = COUNTROWS(tmp4) + 0
var _risknotassessed = IF( ISBLANK(_a), 0, _a)

return
_risknotassessed

This however is not giving me the correct output. More specifically, when I apply some filters, the value of the measure is not impacted by the filters when it should.  I've looked at it enough and can't seem to find the issue so hoping the community could help me spot my mistake. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kamiluc
Frequent Visitor

I have figure it out. My error was on the variable tmp1 which was producing a table with the latest date for all RISKIDs, rather than the latest for each RISKID.

I've replaced that variable by the following:

var tmp1 = 
SUMMARIZE(
FILTER(
FILTER(RISK_EVALUATION,RISK_EVALUATION[RE_DATE]<=_selectdate),
RISK_EVALUATION[RE_DATE]
= CALCULATE (
MAX ( RISK_EVALUATION[RE_DATE] ),
ALLEXCEPT ( RISK_EVALUATION, RISK_EVALUATION[RISKID] )
)
),[RISKID],[RE_DATE])

This actually eliminates the need for the variable tmp as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kamiluc
Frequent Visitor

I have figure it out. My error was on the variable tmp1 which was producing a table with the latest date for all RISKIDs, rather than the latest for each RISKID.

I've replaced that variable by the following:

var tmp1 = 
SUMMARIZE(
FILTER(
FILTER(RISK_EVALUATION,RISK_EVALUATION[RE_DATE]<=_selectdate),
RISK_EVALUATION[RE_DATE]
= CALCULATE (
MAX ( RISK_EVALUATION[RE_DATE] ),
ALLEXCEPT ( RISK_EVALUATION, RISK_EVALUATION[RISKID] )
)
),[RISKID],[RE_DATE])

This actually eliminates the need for the variable tmp as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors