Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ZakariAK
Regular Visitor

Filters don't return the correct count

Im calculating some total values doing a count and filtering the rows with duplicate values in one column (Id Cliente)

When calculating the total without filters the row count is correct, but when adding filters i get wrong values.

When doing the count without filtering out any values I receive the correct number of rows: 4844

total cupones.PNG

count excel.PNG

But when applying filters to filter out row that contain a certain value i receive the wrong count (80 values more than what it should)

total with filtering.PNG

This is what i should receive: 3513

cuenta con filtro.PNG

Its clear its a problem with the filters but i don't grasp what its not adding up, can someone help me or give me the correct DAX measure?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
ZakariAK
Regular Visitor

Hi,

The count I made is already returning it correct, the problem I have is when filtering out some rows depending of its value in a column.

ariba_m
Regular Visitor

Hi there,

As per my understanding of the problem, you are trying to get a count of distinct values based on a column. 

Try this measure:

For count of distinct values:

MeasureName = COUNTROWS(ALL([TableName][ColumnName]))

Example: Measure = COUNTROWS(ALL(Product_Table[return_date]))

Output:

ariba_m_5-1701848019837.png

ariba_m_4-1701847736405.png

Hope this helps!

Hi,

The count I made is already returning it correct, the problem I have is when filtering out some rows depending of its value in a column.

'''Total Cupones =
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS(
        SUMMARIZE(
            CRM,
            CRM[Id Cliente]
        )
    ),
    NOT(
        CRM[Promocion Periodo Cupon] IN {"OPPRCC - Petición reabrir cupón", "RPRCUP - Recupón", "RPRCUP - Recup��n"}
        || CRM[Motivo de cierre] IN {"G - Gestión Solicitud", "Gestión de solicitud"}
    )
)'''

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors