Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter table with a slicer in a different table and no relationship

Hello,

I have a set of measures which vary depending on the date choosen by the user via a slicer. The slicer has a start and end date which analysis is made over. 

I have three variables (A, B & C) with three measures for each (Ax3, Bx3 Cx3). For example, for variable A I calculate its start value, change in value and End value. The same calculations are made for B and C. Analysis shows the results of each measure at the start, end and the change between the time period selected in the slicer.

Start AChange AEnd A

Start B Change BEnd B

Start CChange CEnd C

To join these measures and there results together in a nice presentable table I created a new table via the following command:

Start =
UNION(
ROW("--", "A", "Start (USD)", [Start A]), "Change (USD)", [Change A], "End (USD)", [End A]
ROW("--", "B", "Start (USD)", [Start B]), "Change (USD)", [Change B],"End (USD)", [End B]
Row("--", "C", "Start (USD)", [Start C]), "Change (USD)", [Change C],"End (USD)", [End C]
)

--Start (USD)Change (USD)End (USD)
A50-1040
B505
C201030

BUT there's a problem...The slicer has no effect on the table due to it being in a different table with no relationship. Can I use some kind of DAX code in my union, row code instead of calling Start A, B, C, Change A,B,C, End A,B,C value? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated  🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up creating three matrices in the orignal field. You can set the value to be "banded row style" for matrix data, giving:

(Column header added below)

A10
B3
C5

A6
B-2
C5

A16
B1
C10

And then stack each matrix on top of each other (drag the visual), giving: 

A10616
B3-21
C5510

(So you have three matracies here ^^ but it appears as if its just one. Select all three, right click and select group.)

Beacuse this is all in the same field as the date slicer the table auto updates as the user moves the slicer range. To add the colum headers you just add a text box. Go to format->bring forward, else the text box will fall behind the visual:

StartChangeEnd
A10616
B3-21
C5510

As for filtering a measure in a seperate table to the slicer with no relationship present...No idea

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up creating three matrices in the orignal field. You can set the value to be "banded row style" for matrix data, giving:

(Column header added below)

A10
B3
C5

A6
B-2
C5

A16
B1
C10

And then stack each matrix on top of each other (drag the visual), giving: 

A10616
B3-21
C5510

(So you have three matracies here ^^ but it appears as if its just one. Select all three, right click and select group.)

Beacuse this is all in the same field as the date slicer the table auto updates as the user moves the slicer range. To add the colum headers you just add a text box. Go to format->bring forward, else the text box will fall behind the visual:

StartChangeEnd
A10616
B3-21
C5510

As for filtering a measure in a seperate table to the slicer with no relationship present...No idea

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.