Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ASADS
Frequent Visitor

Filter based on bool from related table but still show rows with no data

ASADS_0-1663332774148.png

ASADS_1-1663332902396.png

I have two tables that are related by ID in both directions.  I want to filter out rows where Bools[Bool] = TRUE() so I can see rows with Bools[Bool] = FALSE() AND Rows with no related entries in the Bools Table.  I should end up with Five Rows 1,2,3,4,5 with two rows filtered out.

I have tried everything I can think of Calculated Columns and Measures and searched high and low on the internet.  I am sure the answer is simple but I just can't get it.

My logic is: "If the Names row has a related bool then return the bool value otherwise return false."  Then I can simply filter bool is false.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ASADS
Frequent Visitor

This is due to the crossfilter being both.  If I change to single, it works as you would expect.  However, my use case doesn't allow for it.  Basically, crossfilter both means that a filter on one side of the relationship filters the other side of the relationship.  Hope someone has an idea to get around this.

EDIT: Looks like this is intended functionality of the cross filter both.  My solution was to filter at the data level.  Fortunatley this was an acceptable solution for my use case. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ASADS
Frequent Visitor

This is due to the crossfilter being both.  If I change to single, it works as you would expect.  However, my use case doesn't allow for it.  Basically, crossfilter both means that a filter on one side of the relationship filters the other side of the relationship.  Hope someone has an idea to get around this.

EDIT: Looks like this is intended functionality of the cross filter both.  My solution was to filter at the data level.  Fortunatley this was an acceptable solution for my use case. 

PabloDeheza
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try right click on one of the columns and check if "Show items with no data is activated", if it is, deactivate it

PabloDeheza_0-1663338913976.png

Thanks activated or de-activated doesn't make a difference.

PabloDeheza
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi there!

Have you tried using the filter pane, setting Bool <> BLANK() ?

ASADS_0-1663337062347.png

There are no blanks on the filter pane.  I guess this is because it is no data rather than blank.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors