Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DarioForm
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic dashboard that shows TOP N and OTHER values

Hello everyone,

my objective is to create a measure that show best N values and the sum of others, in a context of dashboard where, as the user click a measure, the graphics change the content. 

Moreover, the dataset is of huge dimension, that makes it harder and also the performance should be considered.

Here is a semplification and explanation:

SALES    
ProductIDSalesQuantityProfitDiscount
A12103300
A1701100
A21802400,2
B150270,4
B270790
B214014180

The fact table has many dimensions that are related to the final dashboard; to make the dashboard dynamic, I create a SWITCH measure that refers to an unrelated table, that looks like this:

DIMENSION
TotalSales
TotalQuanity
TotalProfit
TotalDiscount

its aim is to calculate each dimension, based on the user selection.

I tried many different approaches but really can't get how to make it working as I want;

Hope that I've been exhaustive,

Thanks to everyone that answers,

Dario.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks, it is good, but I m looking for something better in terms of performance

Best to work with calculated columns then. Do a topn and add a new column with an IF statement of the product name or label it as other. This is not dynamic / will be calculated at load time, but will perform way better.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.