Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

TonyAshton
Frequent Visitor

Distinct Count help needed

I am looking for some help on how to create a dax measure to return the distinct count of names from a column based on the multiple results from another column.

Column A: Site Name

Column B: Program Status

Column B has a number of different Program Status. I am only wanting the distinct count of Site Names if it has any of the following Program Stauts; "COMPLETED", "ACTIVE", "REGISTERATIONS CLOSED".

if anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TonyAshton
Frequent Visitor

I have now managed to get the distinct count of sites with an ACTIVE program status using the following.

Active Sites = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Programs' [Site Name]), 'Programs' [Program Status] = "ACTIVE")

But struggling to work out the dax to included all of the three program status together

View solution in original post

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TonyAshton ,

You can use the following DAX formula:

Count Sites =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Programs'[Site Name] ),
    'Programs'[Program Status] IN { "ACTIVE", "COMPLETED", "REGISTERATIONS CLOSED" }
)

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TonyAshton ,

You can use the following DAX formula:

Count Sites =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Programs'[Site Name] ),
    'Programs'[Program Status] IN { "ACTIVE", "COMPLETED", "REGISTERATIONS CLOSED" }
)

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

TonyAshton
Frequent Visitor

I have now managed to get the distinct count of sites with an ACTIVE program status using the following.

Active Sites = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Programs' [Site Name]), 'Programs' [Program Status] = "ACTIVE")

But struggling to work out the dax to included all of the three program status together

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.