Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rocketship
Frequent Visitor

Date Table Hierarchy Issue

I'm having some date table issues in a new report I'm buiding. I'm seeing this icon I"m not familiar with and I'm not able to create a proper date Hierarchy. rocketship_0-1625287180505.png

When I create the Hierarchy, it looks like this

rocketship_2-1625287592380.png

On a separate report i'm working with, this is the date table which works correctly for me.

rocketship_1-1625287351801.png

The Dax for both master date tables is exactly the same:

Master Date = 
    CALENDAR (
        DATE ( 2020, 1, 1 ),
        TODAY()
    )

Wondering what's going on.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rocketship
Frequent Visitor

The issue is related to the fact table and the formatting of the date from SQL. Because of an on prem dataset, live connection, I'm not able to use power query to fix. Had to go to database admin to fix.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rocketship
Frequent Visitor

The issue is related to the fact table and the formatting of the date from SQL. Because of an on prem dataset, live connection, I'm not able to use power query to fix. Had to go to database admin to fix.

rocketship
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the quick responce. Unfortunatly Auto Date/Time was already selected for Time Intelligance in settings. Any other ideas?

Thanks, 

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@rocketship 

When you create a data table, always ensure the full year dates in your calendar table. in your case, you can see it up as with the additional columns then 

Dates = CALENDAR( DATE( 2020, 1, 1) , DATE(2020, 12, 31) ) )

You need to enable the Auto Date Time under the Options as follows to get the date hierarchy for your date columns

Fowmy_0-1625295397007.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.