Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JWick1969
Helper IV
Helper IV

DAX Measure ALL

Hi

I have requirements to get the % of defect using the formula    defect % = defect count  / volume qty.
the problem is i'm getting the overall volume qty  even i'm using a month filter from a page and it should be getting the volume for that particular month.
Right now it display 171166, the correct value should be 25973 of  volume qty. January.   May i know if i'm missing from my measure of volume qty. could not figure out if this is correct.

measure to get the volume qty

volume qty= CALCULATE(table[defect Count], ALL(table))

sample:

sample1.jpg

Appreciate the help. 
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JWick1969 ,

Try like

volume qty= CALCULATE(table[defect Count], ALLSELECTED(table))

@amitchandak its possible to use the code you've given with filter. I need to calculate the defect count and filter the column1 = "ASY"
  CALCULATE(table[defect Count], ALLSELECTED(table))

Hi, Already found the root cause why its is not working correctly when I do the filtering. This is what I found In filter on visual I have excluded the empty defect and also perform top 10 defect. So removed these filters and the volume is displayed correctly. However, how can I perform a top 10% that will not affect the values and also the empty defect will ot be displayed in the visual?

Thank you.

Thank you.

The code is working fine when i used to the first type of defect. but when i used it to another type of defect the volume qty is wrong where in it should be the same from the first one 25973.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.