Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Xavianna
Helper I
Helper I

Cumulative Percentage Calculations by Month Total

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the cumulative percentage of booking received for each month but filled in the consecutive months.

The example below is for all bookings received in April but filled in the following months. I would like it to calculate like this:

Apr - 24/59 = 40.7%

May - 31/59 = 52.5%

Jun - 37/59 = 62.7%

Jul - 39/59 = 66.1%

This is to identify how many months it takes to reach 100% fill for the bookings in each month.

The current formula I have does the cumulative against the total 24/124 etc. What am I missing to filter it by month?

Total Filled YTD Running % = Table[Total Filled YTD]/CALCULATE(Table[.Bookings Requested New], ALL(Table),DateTable2[Date])

Screenshot 2023-10-03 150851.png

Screenshot 2023-10-03 150737.png

Thank you for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
15 REPLIES 15
AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Xavianna Provide the data after removing confidential information.

I'm unable to attach Excel spreadsheets here and the table has about 200 rows, it will be too large to paste as a table.

The main columns I use for this table are:

- Date vacancy received (April - Aug)

- Date vacancy filled (April - Aug)

- I have a Dax to count rows for all vacancy received and filled

Does this help?

@Xavianna You can upload on Google drive and share the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_QaXBTc-n84Rd_otNQLsQHV_CTrh-IcP/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=11...

I included the status column which says whether the booking/vacancy is filled, cancelled etc.

The monthly total sum I would like to use excludes the "cancelled" status. So any bookings received that hasn't been cancelled basically.

Thanks for your help in advance.

@Xavianna Remove the request for permission option and share again.

Hopefully its ok now. Please try again.

@Xavianna Is this what you want? Also, I didn't understand what you meant by "The current formula I have does the cumulative against the total 24/124 etc. What am I missing to filter it by month?"

AntrikshSharma_0-1696409541453.png

Yes!! This is exactly what I need, thank you so much. Could you please share the dax formula and also share how you manage to put the whole month's total  bookings received in the 3rd column?

This is what I meant before, my current formula does 24/124, 31/124, 37/124 etc instead of 24/59, 31/59, 37/59 like yours is doing. I have attached the example so hope it makes sense.

Screenshot 2023-10-04 141714.png

Thanks so much 🙂

Thank you so much 🙂

Any idea why this formula doesn't work for me please?

Bookings Received =
CALCULATE (
    [Bookings],
    Bookings[Status] <> "Cancelled",
    REMOVEFILTERS ( Bookings[Bookings Filled (Month/Year)] )
)

For some reason, Table[Bookings Filled (Month/Year)] doesn't appear on the list when I was amending the Dax. Table[Bookings Filled (Month/Year)] isn't causing an error and the measure is created.

Thanks 🙂

Your column names might be different.

I have adjusted them to the column names mirroring your PBIX.

Bookings Received =
CALCULATE (
    [Bookings],
    Bookings[Status] <> "Cancelled",
    REMOVEFILTERS ( Bookings[Bookings Filled (Month/Year)] )
)

So for Bookings Received:

[Bookings] - Countrows Bookings (which I already have)

Bookings[Status] - which was part of the dataset

Bookings[Bookings Filled (Month/Year)] - Is this Dax

Bookings Filled (Month/Year) =
-- FORMAT ( Bookings[Date Filled], "MM/YYYY" )
STARTOFMONTH ( Bookings[Date Filled] )

I have all of the measures and the only new measure I had to create was MyTableName[Bookings Filled (Month/Year)]. However, my Dax is giving this error "Column 'Bookings Filled (Month/Year)' in table 'MyTableName' cannot be found or may not be used in this expression."

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Did you create this as a "New column"?

When I created it as a measure, it didn't come up with any error but it is not showing for me to call on to the Bookings Received measure. However, when I created it as "New column",  which is what it looks like in the PBIX when I looked closely, this is the error I get.

I'm at a loss... The table data is the exact same as what I provided, I only removed the other unnecessary columns.

Screenshot 2023-10-04 162120 Hidden.png

I got it working now. New column and repasting the formula works. Thank you so so much :)!!

Does anyone have any idea why April 2023 is not showing in the bar chart when I'm using these measures Bookings Filled (Month/Year) & Bookings Requested (Month/Year)?

It is in the data column...

Screenshot 2023-10-04 165648.png

Thanks in advance 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.