Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dhall001
Frequent Visitor

Creating a cohort analysis for graduation rates in higher education

Hello!  I am new to creating DAX formulas in Power BI and I am trying to calculate 4-year and 6-year graduation rates for a cohort analysis in higher education. 

Does anyone have any example posts or reports that they can direct me to that are tied to higher education data?  It seems like all of the posts that I find on cohort analysis are centralized around customer sales data.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dhall001 ,

Is your problem solved?? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dhall001 ,

Please see if this blog helps: Power BI Solution Australia For Education Industry - Agile Analytics

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dhall001 ,
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

I also have one, that is around sales dat

Cohort Analysis: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-3-Period-Of-Stay-Cohort-Anal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1vPWmfI25o

Thank you for your prompt response!  I think I saw this blog post by you in my search for information about cohort analysis.  Unfortunately, I cannot share any sample data or output at this time due to the sensitive  student information.  I think this will all come down to making the an accurate date table with a calcualted column for semesters because we have semesters that start and end on days that are not the first of the month and they cannot be calculated by using a static amount of days like 30 or 90 days.  This is my primary problem next to creating an accurate data model for admission and graduation data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors