Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FelipeCeballos
Frequent Visitor

Create table from measure - Help please!

From my data, I have the values for Actual and Forecast which I can easily slice them to week or month, depending of the view I select on my field parameter slicer.

Now my challenge - I need to recreate the cumulative aggregation and add it to my visual. 

Below is the representation of the output sliced by week and sliced by month. This visual complements other visuals and I'm replicating it from an existing dashboard in Tableau.

FelipeCeballos_0-1702479164390.png

At the end, I should be getting something similar than this dashboard were my bars are Actual and Forecast and the lines are my cumulative values. The details should display as a table as showing above. 

FelipeCeballos_1-1702479308860.png

The solution I'm thinking would be to use the output of Actual and Forecast aggregated and union into a calculated table the measured calculation with the Actual Cumulative and Forecast Cumulative. 

I'm new in DAX coming from Tableau... Could anyone help me on a better approach or a way to see this through by using DAX?

Power Query is ruled out as I need to be able to slice my visuals using a few field parameters (Week/Month, Date Range, Category)

1 REPLY 1
sjoerdvn
Super User
Super User

There is not enough information here to help, but if power query is ruled out as solution then creating a computed table is not going to help either, beceause your computed table will not be taking into account any filter or slicer in your report.
Adding meausures to calculate cummulative values is not to hard, and you'll find many examples for that. The only requirement is that yoiu have a proper date dimension linked to your actuals and forecast (fact) tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors