Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a calculated table filtering by a measure

Hi,

How can i create a calculated table filtering this new table by a measure that i created?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Solved using dax, ty everyone!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answers.

im going to be more specific. I have a table with columns of: Products, quantity sold, earnings. Also this table has geographical location, store where transaction was done, week, year etc...

In my pbi i have the following visual object: 

Gustavo98_0-1669031750717.png

First two columns from my visual objects are not measures, others columns are all measures. In yellow a measure that takes values of 1 oe 0 depending of another measure. y want to use this yellow column to create a calculated table, showing the rows only when "yellow" is 1.

My visual object is filtered showing just one product. I would like to have a table similar to my visual object, adding column product. I want that because in my visual obj i have a lot of usefull operations using previus rows for example.

thanks, if you need more details tell me.

v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Calculated Tables are created at refresh time, while Measures are calculated at query time. After you create a calculated table, please establish a relationship between your fact tables and your calculated table, and then you can use a slicer to filter the new table.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I Solved using dax, ty everyone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reaason why i want this is because i want to be able to calculate the function of a trend line that i get when i compare two measures that i have in my table. Maybe to do that is not necesary to all calculations again in a new calculated table?

Thanks everyone.

FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

Refering a measure in calculated table easily leads to confusion, as in most cases there are row context, hidden CALCULATE and thus context transition.

it would be better to provide a scenario with sample data and your expected result.

daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.