Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Talal141218
Helper III
Helper III

Counting Pareto Items less than 80%

Hallo everyone, 

Please save my day. I am about to be crazy. 

I want to count the items less than 80% in pareto mesure and put in a card visual. The Formel as below : 

IF(VALUE(Fact_SalesInvoiceLine[Parteto %]) <= 0.8, DISTINCTCOUNT(Dim_Item[ItemNo]))
when i use this formel count all items, which we have. 
Thanks in advance 
10 REPLIES 10
Dangar332
Super User
Super User

hi, @Talal141218 

here you use 

IF(VALUE(Fact_SalesInvoiceLine[Parteto %]) <= 0.8DISTINCTCOUNT(Dim_Item[ItemNo])) 

logic in which you use two different table (Dim_Item and Fact_SalesInvoiceLine) so first check relationship bw them

you say it give when i use this formel count all items. if relationship is not correct then it might possible to give all item.

as you provide data screen short below formula work well. but it might other problem present like relationship or something else

Thanks for your reply. I traid this Formula before and didn't work correctly. I thnik as you in your reply mentioned the count all items despit there is a relationship between tabels. Do you have an idea, how can i check the relationship or correct it? 

Dangar332
Super User
Super User

hi, @Talal141218 

when you compare value with percantage it not work with 0.8 

for that you have to provide value which consider as a percantage value

try below
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Dim_Item[ItemNo]),Fact_SalesInvoiceLine[Pareto %] <= 80/100)

here you can check . i  have different data but it work perfectly

Dangar332_1-1697637415556.png

Dangar332_0-1697637372185.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thanks a lot for ur reply, but the Formula dosn't work either. I write down  the Pareto measure maybe helped in logic. As below : 

Parteto % =
Var Total = CALCULATE(Fact_SalesInvoiceLine[CM_SalesInvoiceLine_Amount_ExclAll_LCY], ALLSELECTED(Dim_Item[ItemNo])
)
var currt = Fact_SalesInvoiceLine[CM_SalesInvoiceLine_Amount_ExclAll_LCY]
var sumtable = SUMMARIZE(ALLSELECTED(Dim_Item[ItemNo]), Dim_Item[ItemNo], "sales", Fact_SalesInvoiceLine[CM_SalesInvoiceLine_Amount_ExclAll_LCY])
var cumulsum = SUMX(FILTER(sumtable, Fact_SalesInvoiceLine[CM_SalesInvoiceLine_Amount_ExclAll_LCY] >= currt ), Fact_SalesInvoiceLine[CM_SalesInvoiceLine_Amount_ExclAll_LCY])
return DIVIDE(cumulsum,Total)

hi, @Talal141218 
provide sample data and your expected output

Hi, 

I will send you a pic and the measure, which i used and already shared before. I want to count the Artikel the column in the left side less than 80% Pareto.

Talal141218_0-1697697650994.png

Thanks for your support. 

NorbertG
Helper I
Helper I

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Dim_Item[ItemNo]),Fact_SalesInvoiceLine[Pareto %] <= 0.8)

Thanks for your reply, but i tried this formula  and it dosen't work. 

How about:
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Dim_Item[ItemNo]),FILTER(Fact_SalesInvoiceLine[Pareto %] <= 0.8))

Sorry, the same problem, it will be better if we use conditional function. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.