Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nigelbloomy
Frequent Visitor

Count with second column

I have 3 columns (Investment, Investment Status, and Line Item Detail).  I need a DAX measure (I don't have access to the dataset) to see if an investment has more than one status.

InvestmentInvestment StatusLine Item Detail
AApproved1
AApproved2
ANot Approved1
BApproved

BApproved2

So in this example I need to know that Investment A has more than 1 status and Investment B only has 1 status.

I have been trying to use SUMMARIZE to get a distinct set of investments and statuses, but when I use COUNTROWS I get 1 for each line.  I don't know how to compare the summarized table to the current row while only looking at the investment name.  Maybe that is not the right path to take though.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

Measure=CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sample[Investment Status]),ALLEXCEPT(Sample,Sample[Investment]))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

Measure=CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sample[Investment Status]),ALLEXCEPT(Sample,Sample[Investment]))

That works  Thank you!  That was much simpler than the path I was headed down.

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

I think you're overcomplicating it.

If you create a table visual, drag the Investment on.  Create a measure using DISTINCTCOUNT on the Investment Status.

Add that to the visual.

That will give the distinct count of each investment.

If you want "1" or "more than 1" just alter the measure by putting the distinctcount in a variable, then use an 'if' to test the value > 1.

Let me know how you get on.

That would work if I didn't need need every field on the visualization.  I actually need all 3 columns in the viz plus the other column created from the measure.  I should have put that in the original description.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.