Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Puttsson
Helper I
Helper I

Connecting a lines in a linechart

Hi,

I'm trying to create a prognosis of the future revenues with 3 different R12-measures.

All looks good. Except that it would be better if I could make the lines start where the previous line ends.

Puttsson_0-1657110109137.png

This is how the measures look like in a table. "Revenue R12" only has data till this month, Prognosis Total is based on some activities and previous data, using "ISBLANK" for the months that I don't want to show.

Puttsson_1-1657110260052.png

Preferably there would be a setting to connect the dots, but I guess there is non. So then I guess I need to add the last number from Revenue R12 to Total Prognosis for the one month before I have data now. How can I do this? My ISBLANK says: Show Totalt Prognosis when Revenue R12 is blank.

2 REPLIES 2
Puttsson
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the suggestion. Works quite okay, but not perfectly as I want it.

I think it would be better if I could find a way to have the line in the same colour as the next period, like in my picture. Any further suggestions to achieve that?

Puttsson_0-1657180068973.png

arichard19
Resolver I
Resolver I

I would just take a simple approach rather then over complicating it.

Create a measure or a calculated column with all three of them added together. This will create one single long line from Date X -> Date Y

arichard19_0-1657111732545.png

Then create a dax measure to seperate the total column out ->

Highlight =

VAR prog = [Total Prog]
VAR Budg = [Total Budg]

RETURN

IF( prog > 0 || Budg > 0 , [Total12])

Then place both the Total and Highlight measure on the Y Axis of the Chart

arichard19_1-1657111770388.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors