Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Puttsson
Helper I
Helper I

Connecting a lines in a linechart

Hi,

I'm trying to create a prognosis of the future revenues with 3 different R12-measures.

All looks good. Except that it would be better if I could make the lines start where the previous line ends.

Puttsson_0-1657110109137.png

This is how the measures look like in a table. "Revenue R12" only has data till this month, Prognosis Total is based on some activities and previous data, using "ISBLANK" for the months that I don't want to show.

Puttsson_1-1657110260052.png

Preferably there would be a setting to connect the dots, but I guess there is non. So then I guess I need to add the last number from Revenue R12 to Total Prognosis for the one month before I have data now. How can I do this? My ISBLANK says: Show Totalt Prognosis when Revenue R12 is blank.

2 REPLIES 2
Puttsson
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the suggestion. Works quite okay, but not perfectly as I want it.

I think it would be better if I could find a way to have the line in the same colour as the next period, like in my picture. Any further suggestions to achieve that?

Puttsson_0-1657180068973.png

arichard19
Resolver I
Resolver I

I would just take a simple approach rather then over complicating it.

Create a measure or a calculated column with all three of them added together. This will create one single long line from Date X -> Date Y

arichard19_0-1657111732545.png

Then create a dax measure to seperate the total column out ->

Highlight =

VAR prog = [Total Prog]
VAR Budg = [Total Budg]

RETURN

IF( prog > 0 || Budg > 0 , [Total12])

Then place both the Total and Highlight measure on the Y Axis of the Chart

arichard19_1-1657111770388.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Kudoed Authors