Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samudralb
Frequent Visitor

Connect to Spaceparts dataset using Tabular Editor 3

Hi Community,

Does any one connect to Spaceparts dataset recently using Tabular Editor 3? I tried it today. but I got this error message. Can any one describe thw to load data model 

• SQL Endpoint: te3-training-eu.database.windows.net

samudralb_0-1704192775531.png

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
123abc
Community Champion
Community Champion

It seems like you're encountering an issue connecting to the Spaceparts dataset using Tabular Editor 3. The error message you've mentioned is not provided, but I can provide you with general guidance on how to connect to a data model using Tabular Editor 3.

Before you begin, make sure you have the necessary permissions to access the SQL Server database at the provided endpoint.

Here are the general steps to connect to a data model using Tabular Editor 3:

1. Open Tabular Editor 3:

• Launch Tabular Editor 3 on your computer.
  2. Connect to Database:

• In the top menu, click on "File" and then select "Connect to Database."
  3. Specify Connection Details:

• In the "Connect to Database" dialog, enter the necessary connection details:
      • Server: te3-training-eu.database.windows.net
      • Authentication: Choose the appropriate authentication method (Windows or Database).
      • Database: Specify the database name.
  4. Connect and Load Model:

• Click the "Connect" button to establish a connection to the database.
    • If the connection is successful, you should see a list of available databases.
    • Select the Spaceparts dataset or the specific database you are working with.
  5. Load Data Model:

• Once connected, you can load the data model by selecting the appropriate option. This may involve selecting a specific Analysis Services (Tabular) database or model.
  6. Handle Errors:

• If you encounter any errors during the connection or loading process, carefully review the error message for more information. It may provide insights into what went wrong.
  7. Check Permissions:

• Ensure that your account has the necessary permissions to access the specified SQL Server database.
  8. Troubleshooting:

• If you encounter specific error messages, you may want to search for solutions in the Tabular Editor documentation, forums, or community discussions.

If you provide more details about the specific error message you are encountering, I can offer more targeted assistance. Additionally, check for any updates to Tabular Editor 3, as newer versions may address bugs or compatibility issues.

Hi @123abc 

Thank you for your relpy. I'm just trying this scenario.

https://elearning.easygenerator.com/bf59ece3-8526-4349-9dbe-f63a708aa850/#/sections/65858d9304de4fe6...

samudralb_0-1704200813589.png
Can you help me on this?

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.