Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Riteshheda
Frequent Visitor

Collection adjustment against Receivables Ageing

Hi,

I have to write one DAX for creating a table/measure identifying collection against which Receivables Ageing. Below is the example:

CustomerReceivables Not DueReceivables 1-30 daysReceivables 31-90 daysReceivables 91-180 daysReceivables Abv 180 daysTotal ReceivablesCollection Received

Collection from Not Due

Collection from 1-30 daysCollection from 31-90 daysCollection from 91-180 daysCollection from Abv 180 daysTotal CollectionAdvance
A2030100060100203010  6040
B01020306012090   3060900
C1090   10080080   800
D120    120110110    1100
Total15013030306040038013011010306034040

Collection Received is adjusted on FIFO basis to the Receivables, i.e. oldest Receivables Bucket first, and if any balance left, then to the lower Bucket, and so on. 

If any Collection Amount remains unajusted agasint Total Receivables, then, that balance amount to be shown as Advances.

I am ablt to break the Collection amount into Not Due and OverDue, but getting mixed-up when number of buckets are increasing.

Thank you in Advance. Please help and suggest solution.

Ritesh

2 REPLIES 2
Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

Hello @Riteshheda,

1. Create a measure for each receivables aging bucket to calculate the total collection received for that specific bucket. (Collection from Not Due, etc)

2. Create a measure to calculate the total collection received for all buckets.

Total Collection = [Collection from Not Due] + [Collection from 1-30 days] + [Collection from 31-90 days] + [Collection from 91-180 days] + [Collection from Abv 180 days]

3. Create a measure to calculate the total receivables amount for all buckets.

Total Receivables = [Receivables Not Due] + [Receivables 1-30 days] + [Receivables 31-90 days] + [Receivables 91-180 days] + [Receivables Abv 180 days]

4. Create a measure to calculate the advances amount, which represents any remaining balance between the total collection received and total receivables.

Advances = [Total Receivables] - [Total Collection]

By using these measures, you can calculate the total collection received, total receivables, and advances.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you might need further assistance.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a "Kudos" 🙂

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Data Scientist | Data Engineer | Data Analyst | AI Engineer
P.S. Want me to build your Power BI solution?
➤ Lets connect on LinkedIn: Join my network of 13K+ professionals
➤ Join my free newsletter: Data Driven: From 0 to 100
➤ Website: https://sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Email: sahir@sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Want me to build your Power BI solution? Lets chat about how I can assist!
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
➤ Explore my latest project (350K+ views): Wordlit.net
➤ 100+ FREE Power BI Themes: Download Now
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

Hello Sahir,

Thank you for your response.

My Query is how to get "Collection From Not Due", Collection from "1-30 days", Collection from "31-90 days", etc.

I only know Collection received and Receivables Ageing of Customer. 

I need to adjust Collections against oldest Receivables first (FIFO basis), if any Collection remain unadjusted in higher bucket of receivables, then it is adjusted with the earliest or 2nd highest bucket of receivables, till the time Collection is fully adjusted.

Or if Receivables got completed adjsuted and still Collection remains, then it will be considered as Advances.

Query - How to adjust Collection against different ageing of Receivables and identify Collection ageing bucket.

Last 7 columns in the first query is about desired result which I am looking to achieve through DAX.

Thank you in advance.

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors