Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

EaglesTony
Helper V
Helper V

Can I set the value of a parameter based on a slicer value

I have a slicer and I can get the value showing on a card, but I also have a parameter I created within Power Query that is now showing on my fields tab.

I want to set this parameters value based off the slicer value, but don't know the syntax to do this, as this value will be a URL that will be used for the Data Refresh.

7 REPLIES 7
EaglesTony
Helper V
Helper V

Unfortuantely, I don't see the option to turn on Dynamic query as the checkbox is not there in the options.

Thanks. When they say Direct Query, what does that mean ? 

I am using a JIRA Data connector as my source.

EaglesTony
Helper V
Helper V

Hi are you saying to bind my parameter using this method ?...In my example, I have TableA with FieldQtr(this is bound to the slicer and contains Q1, Q2, Q3, etc) and FieldURL(This I want to use for my datasource).

When the user selects Q3 for example, I want then to take the corresponding FieldURL and populate my parameter with this value.

One thing to note, is that on the PowerBI Query side (via Transform data), I am creating the parameter there with URL values, then taking that parameter and use that as my "Source" for the data.

Also, I am using Power BI July 2022 Update and based on this video dont see "Bind to Parameter" option, nor do I see under Global options "Dynamic M parameters".

It is only when you connect with direct query as you data source. Did you find ou any solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors